TouchDx® introduces DigiTap® for the iPhone. Building from where the traditional Finger Tapping Test (Historically referred to as the Finger Oscillation Test or FTT) left off, DigiTap® is a quantitative application used in the neurosciences to measure fine motor speed, motor control, and coordination in the upper extremities. This premiere application replaces previous devices used. To add to the next generation of medical diagnostic tools, TouchDx® also introduces the quantitative Toe Tapping Test (TTT), a novel application that aims to assess motor speed and control, along with coordination in the lower extremities.The self-contained timer (adjustable) automatically begins with the first depression of the button and allows for no further recording of taps after the timer expires, depending on the setting. The subject starts the trial by using his or her dominant extremity followed by the non-dominant side. Scores are formally computed by averaging performance data from 5 consecutive trials (in each hand or foot).
- DigiTap® is a convenient and easily portable diagnostic tool that can be used to help assess motor deficits in patients
- DigiTap® has clinical utility in a variety of medical disciplines including Neurology, Neuropsychiatry, and Neuropsychology
- DigiTap® can be used to assess bradykinesia, dyskinesia, or other movement disorders involving the upper extremities.
- DigiTap® features increased functionality at a reduced cost and size to comparable units.
- Tapping frequency can distinguish patients with motor dysfunctions of cerebellar, basal ganglia, and cerebral origins from normal subjects.